PHARMA Reefer division
A GDP* compliant solution to preserve the quality and the integrity of pharmaceutical products during transportation. .
*Good Distribution Practice: quality standard recommended by the European Commission.
REEFLEX liquid ready
The most efficient and cost-effective solution for transportation of liquids in 20’ and 40’ refrigerated containers.
CLIMACTIVE Controlled Atmosphere
In order to maintain product freshness during the journey, the newest and most advanced solution to preserve the perfect atmosphere in your container.
The key of a successful shipment often comes down to basic instructions for preparation. Once received by our teams, your cargo will be handled with the best care to arrive at destination in optimal conditions.
To place your booking, we suggest you provide us the following information:
- Nature of the merchandise, quantity, weight;
- Place of origin and final destination;
- Type of packaging being used (crate, drum, pallet, etc);
- Temperature required during the transport (specify °C + or -);
- Specific requirements (multi-temperatures, cold treatment, controlled atmosphere, etc.).
In order to have a successful shipment, the packaging must:
- Be designed, manufactured and stowed in a way that ensures optimal protection of the goods,
- Be able to withstand repeated handling without damage,
- Be able to withstand the vertical pressures incurred when piling crates,
- Allow good air circulation throughout the container to ensure optimum temperature control
The Pre-Trip Inspection
PTI is a detailed inspection of the container and is meticulously carried out by our Reefer technicians to ensure that:
- The container is clean,
- The system is in perfect condition.
Specific PTI is done for pharmaceutical bookings.
Before stuffing, cargo must be set at the required temperature. In most cases, goods have to be pre-cooled to the required optimal temperature for transport before being stuffed into Reefer container.
To avoid the problems associated with condensation, pre-cooling is not recommended excepted when stuffing is done in cold store room.
Loading And Stowage
Loading and stowage of the goods inside the container are completed by the shipper.
Key points to note:
- As all Reefer are bottom air delivery, the entire floor surface of the container must be covered by the cargo. If not possible, then material such as cardboard, etc, should be used to cover the remainder.
- Cargo can be palletized or in bulk, but in both cases, solid block stowage is recommended, leaving no space between the cartons or between the cartons and the container walls.
In that way, air is forced up through the cargo and the entire floor space will be covered and refrigerated.
- Loading of pallets should be carefully done not to damage the baffle plate at the bottom of the container.