What Is EDI & API
APIs (Application Programming Interface)s allow us to offer you a plug and play service allowing information systems - yours and ANL's - to communicate easily. By leveraging an API our business solutions talk to each other and data can be exchanged in real-time. What's more, you can easily specify the data you need and adjust the scope on your own. At the heart of the digital age, it increases the efficiency of the exchanges but also opens new pathways for innovation. Combine our API building blocks with your own services to create new products through web and mobile apps.
ANL as part of the CMA CGM Group deliver REST API widely used by web developers in many industries.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) allows the exchange of documents between two companies via electronic batches which relies on specific standards. The setup doesn't require any change in your process. Leveraging an EDI between our businesses can help reduce paper use and increase efficiency due to the immediate nature of the data transfer.
If you see value in faster sending and receipt of your data including booking requests, confirmations, original B/L, container tracking and schedules then please contact us today to discuss our EDI solution.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Updated data on a 24/7 basis
- Access the data you need at any time
- Fast and cost efficient
- Use our portal to setup on your own
- Fixed Format
- You must use a format to DSCA standards
- API Skills Required
- Developers particularly drive such projects
- Frequent use in the industry and region
- Send large volumes of documents efficiently
- EDI format defined with norms
- Time-based processing data
- Dedicated IT developers will be required for maintenance
- Long Implementation
- Significant workload to complete