USA Service - Trucking Delay Announcement
6th February 2018
Notice to Clients
US TRUCKING UPDATE
Dear Valued Customer,
The US trucking industry is facing a growing shortage of qualified drivers in both the international and domestic markets. The shortage is having a dramatic effect on our ability to deliver freight in a timely and effective manner. ANL is experiencing a significant increase in service delays as a direct result of the current trucking situation in the US.
Currently, we are experiencing critical truck power issues in the following markets:
• New York
Several factors are negatively affecting our ability to secure truck power:
• New “Electronic Log Device” (ELDs)
• Fewer available drivers in the market
• Increasing operating & fuel costs
• High service demands on carrying hazardous, refrigerated, and overweight cargo
• Limited free time at US rail ramps
• Winter weather in the Midwest, Ohio Valley, Southeast, and Gulf
With the above noted challenges, there is an increased risk of demurrage, detention, storage and dry run charges.
In an effort to mitigate delays resulting from these factors, there are a number of proactive measures and actions that both ANL and our customers need to consider to increase our success rate in securing power and capacity.
We ask that all of our valued clients consider alternative options to help alleviate this difficult situation.
• Clear cargo at port of discharge vs the inland ramp location. This will allow additional lead time in securing truck power.
• Submit freight payment, original bills of lading and customs clearance as soon as possible. We will continue to ask for a minimum of 48 hours prior to LFDs at port or rail. Some markets may require longer notification times due varying truck power availability.
• Submit delivery orders as quickly as possible.
• Provide flexibility in warehouse appointment times and scheduling.
• Terminating door moves at the local port or rail in the event truck power cannot be found.
We will continue to work diligently to ensure that the level of service you as our customer require and deserve. We will continue to keep you posted as the situation progresses.
Thank you for your continued support. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please contact your local ANL sales representative. For current schedule activity please visit our Web site at www.anl.com.au.
ANL Customer Service Centre