Port Congestion Surcharge – Sydney – Update #2
Please be advised that due to a combination of factors including industrial action, we continue to experience heavy congestion at Sydney terminals. This congestion has led to significant delays to our vessel schedules causing an increase in overall operational costs.
ANL and CMA CGM wish to advise customers that a Port Congestion Surcharge of USD 285 per TEU (both standard and reefer containers) will be introduced for all containers arriving/departing Sydney. Application dates are as follows:
- Export cargo for all vessels (non USA trades) departing Sydney on or after 17th September
- Import cargo to Sydney for all vessels (non USA trades) departing origin on or after 17th September
- Export cargo for all vessels (USA trades) departing Sydney on or after 10th October
- Imports to Sydney for all cargo (USA trades) received at origin on or after 10th October
- The Port Congestion surcharge will be applied on a collect basis for import shipments to Sydney and on a prepaid basis for export shipments from Sydney.
- Please note that this surcharge is not applicable to the Tranztas, Sofrana ANL and Australian coastal trades.
We will monitor the situation closely and keep you advised of developments.
We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
For further details please contact our Customer care Teams on:
Imports 1800 245 245
Exports General 1800 246 246
Export Reefer 1800 248 248
Bookings 1800 249 249
ANL & CMA CGM Customer Care Centre.